Sunday 12 June 2011

Call Me a Princess

Well if you live in the USA I hope you caught the teaser commercial during last night's Tony Awards (though it sounds like it may have been a regional thing as I've been advised by some friends that they watched the entire show and didn't see the teaser).  On the subject of the Tony Awards, congratulations to Casey Nicholaw (and Trey Parker) who won Best Direction of a Musical for The Book of Mormon!

If you missed it, I'm afraid that 5th Avenue have advised that there are currently no plans for the commercial to be available online.  But if you live in the area, make sure you check out New Day Northwest today around 11am PST when Courtney Reed will be performing "Call Me a Princess".  If you don't live in the area, then don't worry as this performance will later be available online.

It wasn't that long ago I said there was no way "Call Me a Princess" would be in the show!  How wrong could I have been!  It'll be interesting to see how much (if at all) the song has changed, and what this means for Jasmine's character arc in the show.

In other news, tomorrow night's Aladdin Spotlight Night is being recorded and 5th Avenue will make selected footage available over the coming weeks in the build up to the show.

2 comments:

  1. Only stumbled across your site now. I'm geeking out here way on the other side of the Pacific. I am shocked that this song made it since it was my least favorite songs from the what do you call it, concept album? Original vision.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, glad you like the site!

    This song's inclusion really shocked me as well, but the new context is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete