Thursday 23 June 2011

You are Only Interested in the Exceptionally Rare

Last night Broadway World posted an exclusive interview with writer/lyricist Chad Beguelin on his work on Aladdin: The New Stage Musical.

In the interview he talks about what it's like bringing the movie to the stage, changes to the story, working with Alan Menken, and confirms that he and Alan wrote 3 new songs for the show!

The new songs are "A Million Miles Away", "Somebody's Got Your Back" and "A Royal Wedding".  Wonder which of these is the new Genie song that James mentioned when I interview him earlier this week?!

On top of that he also confirm two more of the previously cut Howard Ashman/Alan Menken songs that have been added back into the story; "Proud of Your Boy" (previously teased by Adam in my interview with him) and "High Adventure".

Words can't describe how happy I am that "Proud of Your Boy" is in the show!  I was over the moon when Adam hinted at the song, and getting confirmation just makes me even happier!  And I'm so glad that "High Adventure" is being used!  After "Proud of Your Boy" it was my favourite of the unused songs in The Music Behind the Magic, sung as Aladdin and his friends raced into battle with Jafar to rescue Jasmine.

The show is less than 2 weeks away now!  If you can go and still haven't got tickets, stop hanging round here and go get them!  Just make sure you stop by and tell me what it's like!

No comments:

Post a Comment