Wednesday 11 January 2012

I'm off to see the World!


Happy New Year!

Where does the time go?  At the end of last year AladdinsGenie at Aladdin Central pointed me in the direction of an article at the Columbia Tribune, but due to work and an extremely busy (and happy) holiday period I've only just got around to posting it!

The majority of the article is about the Broadway transfer of Newsies (which featured Aladdin: The New Stage Musical's own Andrew Keenan-Bolger during its preview run at The Paper Mill Playhouse), but it goes on to list the other productions that Disney Theatrical has "waiting in the wings" which includes;

"a stage adaptation of “Aladdin” is on its way to Europe once it clears another round of development"

Nothing else is known at this time, including who from the original production will be involved in this "next round" of developments or how extensive any changes will be.  But as always I'll be on the look out for any developments and will post updates as soon as I can (much sooner than I posted this, I promise!)

Edit - Not sure how I missed this (think it was when I didn't go on twitter for a few weeks) but last November Alan Menken posted this message;

"Three days of ALADDIN meetings starting today. Back with Casey and Chad. This bouncing between projects is crazy!"

So we know that at least Alan, Casey and Chad are all involved in the next round of developments that will likely be implemented before the regional productions start this summer.

That's all for this post, but I have a very special post coming later this week (Saturday absolute latest) as over the holiday break I received an email from Brandon O'Neill.  Brandon has been extremely busy over the last few months and very kindly spent some of his holiday break answering the interview I sent him about his time in Aladdin.

No comments:

Post a Comment