Thursday 19 December 2013

When Aladdin Met Aladdin

Last night the cast of Aladdin met a very special guest, the original voice of Aladdin, Scott Weinger!

Both Adam Jacobs and James Monroe Iglehart have posted pictures of themselves with Scott, with JMI calling it "Disney Nerd Heaven" in his tweet.

I can only imagine what an amazing experience this must have been for them!  I think it's safe to say that if it weren't for Scott's performance as Aladdin this blog wouldn't exist, he was my Disney hero as a kid.  Hopefully one day I'll be able to thank him for that and the incredible experiences that doing this has given me.

Last weekend also saw the release of the new Broadway teaser trailer for the show;


It's getting close now!!!

And finally, I've updated the last post but figured I'd put this here as well, Princess Jasmine's new song is titled Beyond These Palace Walls.  This comes directly from Brandon O'Neill's official fan page on Facebook where I also learnt that Rajah is in the show (in a manner of speaking)!  Kassim's sword is named after Jasmine's pet tiger from the film :)  His page is well worth a "like", the Lego Kassim mini figure is especially awesome!

Tickets for the final Toronto performances of Aladdin can be bought here (show runs through January 5th 2014) and Broadway tickets for next Spring can be bought here (previews begin 26th February), so why not give someone a magical Christmas present they'll never forgot!

1 comment:

  1. I am so disappointed by the reviews so far!! I hope that when this show hits the Broadway stage it lives up to the Disney name and legacy. I am waiting to hear if major changes are being made before running to buy the ticket. How Disney could miss the mark by so much on this one is literally confounding but the reviews all say the same thing about the scenery and relationships and dialogue and on and on.... yikes. fingers crossed that they get the message and turn this thing into the giant it can be!

    ReplyDelete