Sunday 13 April 2014

How Did I Miss This? - JMI on the JMI Show!

James Monroe Iglehart as Genie, Photo by Cylla Von Tiedemann

Bit of a flashback today.  I picked up the Memphis cast album whilst I was in New York so I've been a bit of a Memphis kick since I got back and was playing catch on some old episodes of The JMI Show on their YourTube channel when I came across this;




Yes, James finally interviewed himself and it is every bit as awesome as it sounds.

The interview is full of great moments, but of special interest to Aladdin fans is the question he asks himself at the 14 minute mark - "what's next for James Monroe Iglehart?"  This video was post on 1st August 2012, two weeks before the D23 event where Alan Menken mentioned that the show was coming to Broadway.  Though he never actually says the words he certainly drops plenty of hints making this the first confirmation that Aladdin was being considered for Broadway!  And of course we all know what happened next!

Watching these has made me realise just how much I miss the interviews JMI did back in Seattle.  Now that the show has opened I really hope they let him do more.  They're essentially free publicity and fans love them, he's a great ambassador for the show.  As Genie would say, "Well, here's hoping!"

No comments:

Post a Comment